Please Read Below For An Update Regarding COVID-19
I am currently accepting new clients through teletherapy video platform only. Please call or email to set up an appointment.
After much deliberation and discussion with colleagues and fellow mental health professionals, I have made the decision to see clients exclusively through online teletherapy beginning Monday March 23rd. It is my first priority to ensure the safety and well-being of all of my clients and in order to participate in flattening the curve and protecting our community in the best way that I can, ceasing in person appointments for the time being is the best decision at this point. Most insurance companies have announced that they will cover teletherapy services during these extenuating circumstances. It is important not to stop therapy completely as these are anxiety inducing times for many people. Teletherapy will provide a safe, comfortable way for us to continue our work without interruption. In order to ensure privacy for you during this new change, I will also likely need to rearrange my schedule temporarily. This is a community effort and I will need some help from you to make this transition as smooth and easy as possible. Please read the following in order to get set up for teletherapy as soon as possible.
- Call your insurance company ASAP and ask if they will cover teletherapy/telecounseling services. If they refuse to cover or you have any issues, please contact me and I will call them and advocate for you.
- Call/email/text me so we can get a therapy time set up as my openings may be changing.
- Please text me your email address to sign up for the patient portal. I will send you a welcome email. Then please sign and upload the “teletherapy consent form” if you have not done so in the office already.
- Once we schedule an appointment time, I will send you an email with instructions on what platform to use and how to access it on your phone/computer.
- Please remember the following:
- Secure a private location for you to participate in teletherapy (not out in public, or while driving, or with other people in the room, etc).
- If you have a computer, that is preferable but most platforms will work on a cell phone as well.
- No illicit drug or alcohol use before or during session.
- Treat this like a regular appointment. Please be on time, give 24 hours notice for cancellations/reschedules (or you may be subject to a cancellation fee).
Thank you for understanding and working with me during these unprecedented times. I am unsure when I will make the change back to in person appointments but will keep everyone informed of any changes.
Katie Worthington, LPC
“The lotus flower blooms most beautifully from the deepest and thickest mud.”
As the lotus blooms and thrives in the muddiest waters, our goal at Blue Lotus Therapeutic Services is to help you grow and overcome the obstacles in your life. Trusted Tulsa therapist, Katie Worthington, understands that sometimes we find ourselves lost “in the mud.” At Blue Lotus, Katie uses a person-centered approach to partner with clients to reach their goals and move forward towards happiness. She specializes in working with teenagers and adults utilizing individual, group and family therapy. Being located in a private location in Jenks, Oklahoma gives Katie the unique ability to see high profile individuals in the community all while protecting privacy and confidentiality. Whether you are struggling with self-esteem, anxiety or need someone to help you untangle the stressors in your life, contact Katie for more information.
Call today to speak with Katie and schedule an appointment. (918) 383-0874